Thursday 24 April 2014

Adorning in April #24: Healthy Brownies?!

Ahhhh brownies, is there any better dessert??
Nope! 
~
I however have found the most amazing recipe to make brownies out of black beans, yes beans! Strange I know but trust me they taste AMAZING! You know that feeling after you've eaten really decedent brownies and you kind of want to curl up into a ball and not eat for a few weeks? Yeah this doesn't do that to you! This is light, fluffy and leaves your sweet tooth satisfied without the food baby / food coma! 
I originally found them on Tone It Up and wanted to share the recipe with you with how I make them. 


Tone It Up Black Bean Brownies 

Ingredients:

1 can black beans (19oz), drained and rinsed

3 tbsp coconut oil, melted

3 eggs

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 cup carob chips

1/3 cup of stevia
~
Method 
Set oven to 180 degrees Celsius 
Combine all ingredients except the stevia in a food processor 
(I have also used a blender before and it works ok as long as you add all wet ingredients in first!) 
Remove from  processor and mix in stevia 
Line a baking tray with baking paper (I go for long and slim ones to get nice thin brownies that I then cut into big pieces to have as dessert size, alternatively for the quintessential brownie shape a 9x9 square baking dish will do the trick)
Pour in mixture and make sure it is spread even through the pan
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes 
~
And volia! amazing-ness!
For all you Aussie ppl reading, I originally had a hard time finding black beans, they are not stocked in your local supermarkets. I get mine from a local health food store in Canberra so I would check out a health food store for this ingredient! 
~
I love to have this as a dessert from time to time, it tastes incredible heated up for about 10 seconds in the microwave and then topped with greek yoghurt and strawberries!
~
A tasty dessert that has no guilt factor and actually is good for you and is made from black beans but tastes like chocolate goodness?! Whats not to love!!!
~
Let me know if you make these and what you think! I love giving them to people and not telling them the main ingredient until after they have confessed their love for it haha!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!