Wednesday 16 April 2014

Adorning in April #16: Running Essentials

Happy Wednesday to you! 
I hope you've had a good day thus far. My day was a good one, it always is when I make the conscious effort to think positive and enjoy the smaller things in life. 
~
I went for a run after work today around the main lake here in Canberra, it is by far my favourite thing about this city. Being by water is so refreshing, resetting and calming to me; I just love it. 
Anyway my current goal with running is to be able to run 5km in under 30 minutes. I had a break from running whilst moving a few months ago so getting back into it was tough! I started out doing 5km in 36min and today I ran it in 30mins and 55 seconds - so close! I'm hoping my next run will be under 30..... wish me luck! After that who knows, 5km in 25mins? I'm really aiming to be able to run with my Dad who averages 5min kms! 
~
Below I have a photo of a few of my go to items for running, the essentials I always take. 
First up I cannot run without some tunes so the Lorna Jane Arm Band is essential. It hold my iPod and iPhone (iPod for the music and iPhone for the running tracker, yes I separate the two lol). Plus I love the quote on it. Next up I need a way to take my car key or house key with me as often I'm not wearing workout gear with pockets. I have found these Cotton On zip wrist bands to be amazing, they come in a bunch of colours, are cheap and do the job perfectly! They often have them online, but when they don't they are always in store. Lastly, I always wear a good sports bra whilst running, because.. well, you know. I know it may seem I am a crazed Lorna Jane addict (I am, yes) but I do actually own other workout brands! Nike is always a no fail choice, and this one it great because it is reversible! 
So there we have it, a few of my must have items for running. I'm thinking I may do a video on this topic to show all the items I find the best for running in particular (i.e. the perfect sock that doesn't get eaten by your runners) let me know if you'd be interested in that! 
Have a great evening 
xoxo


Lorna Jane Arm Band: LINK!
Cotton On Wrist Pouch: the Cotton On one isn't showing online atm, but here is a LJ one - HERE!
Nike Sports Crop: LINK!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this is really making me feel like I should go for a run!! I love the wristbands, I could really do with some as I always end up shoving my keys in my bra and then awkwardly trying to get them out without giving anyone an eyeful! xxx
    La Lingua : Food, Life, Love, Travel, Friends, Italy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!