Monday 25 November 2013

Summer Chicken Salad




Hello everyone, today I have a recipe post for you.
I made this last week making it up as I went along and it turned out to be so yummy and tasty so I snapped it on my iPhone to ensure I remember it so I can make it again!
I have called this one my Summer Chicken Salad, but it is perfect for all year round if you just add into the salad the fruits and vegetables that are in season.



Ingredients:
~
Chicken breast
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil
~
Rocket
Spinach
Cabbage
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Carrot
Celery
Grapes
Strawberries
Cucumber
~
Lime Juice
Lemon Juice
Wholegrain Mustard
Balsamic Vinegar
~



Method:
~
Cook chicken in olive oil, salt and pepper. I always allow the chicken to brown then I use tongs and sissors to chop it into bite size pieces, much easier than cutting it raw!
~
Create the salad by mixing the rocket, spinach, cabbage and lettuce and placing onto a big plate. Cut up all the fruits and veggies into bite size and add to the greens. I didnt put in quantities as it is really up to you and how much you want to eat!
~
Add cooked chicken to the top of the salad.
~
Dressing:
~
To make the dressing, get out a small cup and juice a lemon and a lime. Add in salt & pepper, 2 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vingear. Mix up with a spoon.
~
Add dressing over the salad and chicken and volia!
~
Enjoy ♥♥♥
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!